After a year of living in Brisbane, I’m returning to Melbourne and have accepted a position at my old company, Atex.
I’ve learned a lot during my time in Brisbane. Lots of randomly useful
technical things, like the
explicit keyword for C++ and how mobile
phones are built.
More importantly, I’ve discovered a lot of things about myself. A large part why I’m going back is crystallization of my values and how they impact what I do with my time.
If only I had managed the same revelations without the hassle of moving interstate twice.
To keep things interesting I’m traveling around a bit:
- 3 - 10 Feb: In Melbourne conducting a training course for Trolltech
- 12, 13 Feb: Last days in the Brisbane office
- 14 Feb: Moving company takes my stuff
- 15 Feb: Attempt to clean enough to recover bond and then hit the road
- 16 Feb: Brief stop in Sydney
- 17 Feb: Drive to Melbourne
- 19 Feb: Commence work at Atex
I’ll be a bit out of touch while moving gets sorted out. If you need to get hold of me, my mobile is the best bet.