With my CS4 registration, Adobe gave me one month of a Lynda.com subscription. I didn’t think this would be useful, and was expecting to learn a few things. Turns out, it’s been immensely useful.
I recommend trying it for a month. My current plan is to buy a month subscription one every year or so. Or maybe every six months.
I consider myself reasonably effective with Photoshop and the digital darkroom, yet still learnt many new processes and techniques for producing a completed photograph. The following courses were interesting or inspirational:
- Douglas Kirkland: Creative Inspiration
- Photoshop CS4 Retouching: Fashion Photography Projects
- Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3
I also updated a few other Adobe applications, such as InDesign and learnt some Flash basics too:
- Designing a Magazine Layout Hands-On Workshop
- InDesign CS4: 10 Habits of Highly Effective Pros
- Flash CS4 Professional Essential Training
There are other online video learning sites, such as Kelby Training, that are also worth a look. The important bit is to keep updating your skills and improving your workflow.