I’m recently become quite excited about printing my photos. So much so that I’ve bought an A4 photo printer for “proofing”. For high quality prints, I’d rather outsource to a professional lab. The information on which ones are in Melbourne is a bit scattered, thus this list.
- Bond Imaging – Richmond (quote on request)
- CPL Digital – St Kilda (price list)
- Digital Works – Hallam (price list)
- Lab X – St Kilda (price list)
- NuLab – Braeside (price list on registration)
- Vanbar Imaging – Carlton / North Melbourne (price list)
To get the most out of a good photo lab, or any photo lab, you need to be using a colour managed workflow. This should include proofing in Photoshop based on the colour profile of the print device. If the lab can not supply a way of colour matching to their printer, you may want to consider another lab.
Disclaimer: I’m not affiliated with any of these labs. I actually haven’t used most of them, so if you have recommendations, please leave a comment.