McKinsey recently conducted a survey (free reg required) of business’s use and intended use of Web 2.0 technologies.
- 80% of respondants are using or planning to use Web Services
- Asia-Pacific ranked second (69%) to India (80%) for increasing Web 2.0 investment over the next three years
- RSS is more popular in North America (25%) than in other regions (20% or less)
- Majority indicated with hindsight should have invested more on internal capabilities for Web 2.0 technology, but started at the right time
- 75% of respondants use Web 2.0 technolgies for internal collaboration
It would be interesting to see how the Web Services sector was divided on the different technologies using that name. Especially how WSDL based services and REST based services are split based on type of firm and size of firm.
The uptake of corporate use of Wikis and other Web 2.0 technologies is an interesting trend and bodes well for companies such as Atlassain.